Wednesday, November 12, 2008

My Karma? Why do you ask?

Ohhhh, because my beautiful small fry is sick AGAIN? Gee, you might be on to something...



::Sigh:: This time? Strep. It seems she's caught my nastiness with a little added bonus. She woke up this morning begging to go to the nearest gas station for a Popsicle. I didn't really think much of that considering she's a self proclaimed Popsicle-a-holic. Knowing what I know now, she probably just wanted something cool on her little throat. :( After her Popsicle, she had a weird whisper voice going on accompanied with a lotttt of whining. So around 10:30 I asked her to lay down with me and take a nap. Very little resistance. For Ella, this was nothing short of a miracle. We snuggled together and within 20 minutes she was out COLD! She slept for 2 hours and then woke up with a fever. Bless her sweet heart! I knew something was wrong when she turned down her "stand by treat" of a McDonald's cheeseburger, claiming it "hurt too much to chew it and swallow it!" After a medical treasure-hunt, we wound up at the after-hour, pediatric center. They swabbed her and sure enough, instantaneously positive. Thank goodness I decided to take her! She's GOT to be well for her birthday, cowgirl/horse riding extravaganza on Saturday! Thankfully I got her first dose of antibiotics in her tonight and the Dr. felt pretty confidant that she'd be feeling really good by Saturday. So if you have a spare second and could spare a few feel good vibes, I'm sure she'd appreciate them :)



Right now she's sleeping soundly in her bed. I rocked her for about 30 minutes before she fell asleep. I'm sure we're a funny sight together in that glider. Her legs hang down so far now, I joke that soon they will drag the ground. I'm sure some of you are getting a good chuckle out of me rocking my almost-4-year-old nightly. But you know what? Every night when it's just me and her in her room that's lit only by her nightlight, it's almost magical. I wouldn't trade that time for anything. She melts into me and pats the same part on my arm, every night. So I decided a long time ago....I will rock Ella until she absolutely insist that I not. I will savor that time and try to memorize everything about her. The way she hums along as I sing the same song every night. The way she has a certain spot on my arm that she gingerly pats in rhythm with the rocking chair. Everything.

In the mean time, I'm going to try and enjoy my little bug for the last few days that she's 3.

1 comment:

Guppie said...

Oh, my Katy, you made me cry.... I seem to remember another little girl who rocked with her mom; even when her legs dangled almost to the floor. You are so wise to cherish all the "little" moments with Ella. One day, those will be your most precious memories.

I'm sorry my Ella Bella is sick. :(

Tell her Guppie loves her to the moon.